The people of Riverside Baptist Church, located on the corner of Park and King, in historic Riverside, have met for over 100 years. The sanctuary, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1926, and designed by renowned architect Addison Mizner. The sanctuary combines Romanesque, Byzantine, and Spanish elements, and is a splendid example of what is colloquially called the “Florida Spanish” style. It’s one and a half stories, limestone with gabled and hipped tile roof sections, a double-door entrance beneath compound round arch, and sculptured tympanum. The design is believed to be Mizner’s only religious structure. In terms of theology, Riverside is a progressive Baptist church that has been on the forefront of important matters such as interfaith dialogue, ecumenism, the affirmation of women into the clergy, and the assertion that ALL people are loved by God regardless of their age, ethnicity, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or nationality. As a historic Baptist congregation, Riverside has always supported the principles of the priesthood of the believer, local church autonomy, observing spiritual disciplines, and defending the rights of minorities.