Riverside Baptist Church
Jacksonville, Florida

At the corner of Park and King Streets
in Historic Riverside
 
Welcome
History at a Glance
From Our Pastor

In the summer of 1908, a tent meeting was held at the corner of Park and Margaret Streets on a lot owned by the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. The First Baptist Church of Jacksonville planned the meeting as the initial step in the organization of a mission church. Out of this grew the beginnings of Riverside Baptist Church.

At the time Riverside Baptist Church was organized, the Park and Margaret Street area (later to be known as Five Points) was strictly residential. Moving a short distance from Margaret Street, the church purchased property on the corner of Park and King Streets, the present site of the church. A frame building was constructed where the congregation held its first worship service in August, 1913.

In the early 1920's, Riverside Baptist Church experienced remarkable growth, creating a necessity to enlarge its facilities. Plans were formulated for the present sanctuary. In 1924, work on the construction of the new church building began. The first regular service in the new Sanctuary of Riverside Baptist Church was held on Easter Sunday, 1926.

Mission Statement
Resources
Sunday School
Life at RBC
Our Staff
Church History
C. Edward Bryan Organ
Links
Contact RBC
How to find us
904.388.7692 Phone
904.388.3805 Fax

2650 Park Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32204
 
Sanctuary Design and Construction
Riverside Baptist Church Today